Recipe by t_ballet
Good for Pizza or Pasta
Top Review by rainbow.rubatino
Very simple, so I will definitely make it again when I need a quick and easy sauce, but you know, good things take time, and this is a "quick"thing. We thought it was way too oily, so I'll just use a tablespoon of oil next time and brown the garlic a little bit before adding the other ingredients.
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, Simmer in a pot at least 30 minute
- The longer you simmer the better it is. I usually simmer at least 1 hour.
- Cook's Note: Sauce can be made ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.