Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great quick recipe that I secured from my Taste of Home cookbook. Try this one-skillet meal that satisfies big appetites with its hearty mix of ingredients.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, tassels (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until macaroni is cooked. Stir in cheese.
- Garnish with green onions and sour cream if desired.
Tastes like good home cooking and everything I would expect from Taste of Home. This was very quick and easy to prepare and I think kids would really love this. I remember loving to have something similar my mother made when I was a kid. Thank you, JuniorMintKiss, for the recipe- the very first recipe I have tried from Recipezaar!!!!!!I look forward to more of your recipes!