1/3 Photos of Quick Tomato Jam
Allan Rees-Bevan's Note:
I love tomato jam, but can't buy it in the UK! So the last time I went back to South Africa on holiday, I managed to get hold of this very easy and very quick tomato jam recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix tomatoes, apple and ginger in a large microwave-proof dish.
- 2Microwave uncovered at 100% power for 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in lemon juice and caster sugar and microwave at 100% for a further 40 minutes, or until jam starts setting, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 4The time the jam takes to set depends on the wattage of your microwave.
- 5It might be a good idea to spoon a bit onto a cold plate after 25 minutes, and see if it sets.
- 6When done, spoon the hot jam into sterilized jars and seal immediately.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Tomato Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1785.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 457.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 437.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: