We make this all the time when we just need to throw together something quick. It is very satisfying with a dinner salad and a nice glass of wine. It is really important that you use fresh, tasty cherry tomatoes.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you love garlic like I do)
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or more if you like spicy things)
- salt and black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the garlic and the red pepper flakes in olive oil over medium heat.
- Don't let the garlic get brown.
- After 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- When pasta is done cooking and has been drained, add in the tomato mixture, add in basil and mix well.
- Add salt& pepper as you like, and serve topped with parmesan.
This was really good! We used gluten free noodles, so I added a little more oil then called for. Also, went with the suggestion to add extra garlic. <br/>My family loved it! Severed it with a small salad and roasted asparagus. Will be adding this to our regular meal rotation.
GREAT! Made this as a side dish. I used roma's that I quartered and increased the garlic to 7. I used 3/4 pound of pasta and used Romano cheese. YUM!