1/2 Photos of Quick Tomato, Basil & Garlic Pasta Dinner
We make this all the time when we just need to throw together something quick. It is very satisfying with a dinner salad and a nice glass of wine. It is really important that you use fresh, tasty cherry tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you love garlic like I do)
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or more if you like spicy things)
- salt and black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, saute the garlic and the red pepper flakes in olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Don't let the garlic get brown.
- 4After 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- 5When pasta is done cooking and has been drained, add in the tomato mixture, add in basil and mix well.
- 6Add salt& pepper as you like, and serve topped with parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Tomato, Basil & Garlic Pasta Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g