Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really easy...takes next to no time and tastes great...you can also serve with a dollop or "Quark" (fresh cheese, consistency of youghurt) or clotted cream.
- 1⁄2 cup fine noodles (italian, not chinese)
- 100 ml tomato juice (not puree)
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic (I use about 6 or 7...)
- 1⁄4 cup semolina flour (cous-cous)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable stock
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Melt butter and fry chopped onions and garlic in a small pan until golden.
- Add tomatoe juice and reduce.
- Add tabasco and pepper.
- Add noodles.
- Mix water with stock cube.
- Add water to pot and boil until noodles are done.
- Add semolina and remove from heat.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and tabasco if needed.
- Quick easy soup for a quick lunch, Have a nice crunchy baguette ready to soak up any excess liquid!
thanks for the simple yet great recipe,I'm always looking for more lunch alternatives. Works great with the toasted bagel too!