Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
What can I say? This is a very tasty, quick, and easy skillet meal that is a big hit with my family!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, pepper, tomatoes, and water
- and bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni and cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese and garnish with sour cream if desired.
Pretty good - I used it as a base to clean out what I had in the fridge. Instead of ground beef, I used 5 sliced of bacon which I chopped, browned, removed from pan and then drained. Used 2 cups of frozen onion and pepper blend and cooked that in the bacon fat. Then I drained it all on paper towels and wiped out the pan. Put the bacon, onion, and peppers back in along with a can of diced tomatoes with chipotle chilies and some southwest seasoning, salt, and pepper and followed the recipe from there (although I only had whole wheat shells in the pantry, no elbows). I then used some leftover mexi-cheese blend from the fridge. My only complaint was that it only made 4 small cups which is kind of a small portion for a dinner or lunch. Next time I might increase the pasta to 1 1/2 cups to give it more bulk, I think it can handle it.
Great little midweek meal. Made it with leftover taco beef and a box of macaroni and cheese. Thank you for the inspiration.