Recipe by MtnBabeBeth
Here is another tasty recipe from Quick Cooking magazine. Not only is this recipe scrumptious, it is also easy to make. It was instant love with all my friends who tried it.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- grated chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and coffee. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and rum extract. Cool slightly.
- Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate. Brush with about 1 tablespoon coffee mixture; spread with 1 cup whipped topping. Repeat layers. Brush remaining coffee mixture over cut side of remaining cake layer;place coffee side down over top of torte.
- Garnish with chocolate(grated),if desired. Chill until serving.