Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is not a traditional method, so if you're looking for authenticity, this may not be it. However, it is easy to make and very good. The coffee liqueur flavor is strong... I once made it for an office party and got an ugly comment from the VP of HR! LOL! (Rachel Ray)
- 1 (10 ounce) package ladyfingers (about 20-24 fingers)
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee or 1⁄2 cup espresso
- 2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste, just a touch, really)
- Separate the lady fingers.
- Combine coffee and liqueur.
- Using a pastry brush, paint each lady finger with the mixture.
- Line 4 martini glasses with a layer of lady fingers (they'll overlap at the bottom of the glass near the stem).
- Press the cakes down to shape to the glass.
- Beat cheese and sugar together 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon into glasses (evenly).
- Top with additional lady finger accent.
- Combine cocoa powder and cinnamon
- Sprinkle over each glass.
- Chill to serve cold (about 2 hours).