Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the best pancakes in the world! I made this recipe one day when I wanted pancakes I think more then life itself, and WOW, did they turn out good or what! I really ope you enjoy them as much as I did. Thanx!
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59-354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients until well combined Whisk in the last two, starting with only 1 cup of flour to see if the last 1/2 cup is needed or not.
- Heat a medium skillet with some oil in the bottom
- Drop in about 1/4 cup of batter in and shake the pan around gently to thin it out Cook on medium to medium-high heat until you see allot of bubbles on the top and then flip to cook until golden on the other side.
- Enjoy with raspberry syrup and a cup of coffee, mmmmm.
Made these for breakfast today with just a few minor changes, only used 2 eggs, and added 1 teaspoon of vanilla and cinnamon, added only the buttermilk and my batter was thick, not runny at all, and the pancakes rose high and fluffy. Served with honey cinnamon butter and warm maple syrup.
These were tasty but the opposite of the name -- they were very runny and I had to add more oatmeal (threw in a packet of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal which gave it a nice flavor) and more flour. They don't really rise that much either. But they tasted quite good with modifications.
Absolutely wonderful pancakes! I followed the recipe exactly, found the mix a little too runny so I simply added a bit more flour, and they came out perfectly! Thank you so much for this recipe, the whole family enjoyed it and I will be making these again soon :)