This is an easy and versatile, quick meal. Use any type of cooked meat and serve this over steamed rice or cooked noodles. Use low-fat coconut milk if you like. I found this in the Chicago Tribune.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked beef or 2 cups cooked pork
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded basil leaves
- lime wedge
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; add shallots and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; stir in curry paste. Stir in chicken broth; cook until broth is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, coconut milk, bamboo shoots and salt; heat to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Serve in bowls over steamed rice or noodles with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.