Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on eatingwell.com and modified it somewhat. It is an amazing recipe!
Make and share this Quick Thai Chicken Red Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (to taste)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Heat medium pot over medium-high heat. Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, broth, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar; bring to a simmer.
- Add pepper and scallions to coconut sauce while cooking chicken. Add bamboo shoots before adding chicken. Add red curry paste to taste.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 cubes or smaller. Add chicken to frying pan with non-stick oil spray and add curry powder. Cook so that it is 90% done. Add to sauce mixture. Add more red curry paste to taste.
- Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with jasmine or brown rice.
- Calories: 253 cal. Carbohydrates: 11 g. Dietary Fiber: 2 g. Fat: 11 g. Protein: 26 g. Sugars: 5 g.
I changed my cooking method on this one to accommodate a busy schedule. Prepared sauce, cooked meat, and chopped veggies - then put everything in a slow cooker till the veggies were tender crisp. I honestly cannot remember how long it was on for though. This recipe for the ingredients makes a perfect Thai Red Curry. ~thanks!~