1/1 Photo of Quick Thai Chicken Red Curry
I found this recipe on eatingwell.com and modified it somewhat. It is an amazing recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (to taste)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1Heat medium pot over medium-high heat. Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, broth, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar; bring to a simmer.
- 2Add pepper and scallions to coconut sauce while cooking chicken. Add bamboo shoots before adding chicken. Add red curry paste to taste.
- 3Cut chicken into 1/2 cubes or smaller. Add chicken to frying pan with non-stick oil spray and add curry powder. Cook so that it is 90% done. Add to sauce mixture. Add more red curry paste to taste.
- 4Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 5Serve immediately, with jasmine or brown rice.
- 6Calories: 253 cal. Carbohydrates: 11 g. Dietary Fiber: 2 g. Fat: 11 g. Protein: 26 g. Sugars: 5 g.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Thai Chicken Red Curry
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
light coconut milk