Recipe by 899151
This was my granny's super-easy, super-quick, taco recipe passed down from her to my mom to me. It's greasy but who's counting? I love it because it takes about 30-40 minutes start to finish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans, also called Texas beans
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 onion, diced (whichever type of onion you prefer)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded (your choice, I prefer Velveeta, It melts best.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (20 count) package corn tortillas (I prefer white corn)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost hamburger meat. (However you do this is fine, i.e. microwave, set-out, water).
- While hamburger is defrosting, cut up tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc. Set aside.
- Next, Brown hamburger meat in large, deep skillet. Once browned, add both cans of Ranch-style beans, cover and leave on low heat to keep warm.
- Heat vegetable oil on low-medium heat in small skillet until hot. BE CAREFUL, OIL WILL BE HOT! Submerge corn tortilla in oil until entire tortilla begins to bubble. (Do not fry too long, tortilla will harden.) Remove and repeat step until all tortillas are dipped in oil and heated. **If you have tongs, this works best to pick up tortillas and remove. A fork tends to tear. (I blot tortillas with a paper towel to sop up some of the oil).
- Build your taco! Add whatever optional ingredients you like!
- **Kids love this recipe because they can put whatever toppings they like.
- **Some people prefer flour tortillas, and if you're in a real hurry, this just makes it even FASTER!
- **Also, this is a great party food. Everyone can bring something different, veggies, salsa, etc.