1/1 Photo of Quick & Tender Country Ribs
Have you ever made country ribs in under an hour? Now you can! A pressure cooker cuts cooking time by more than half!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs (thick bone-in ribs will turn out better because they hold together better)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, whole
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2 sweet onion, in large chunks
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, with 1/4 c of cooking liquid stirred in
- 1Heat pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil.
- 2Rub meat with rib seasoning, and brown them in the cooker one or two at a time so you don't end up steaming them.
- 3Once the ribs are browned on all sides, add them all back to the cooker with the cooking liquid ingredients.
- 4Close the pressure cooker, cook according to your pressure cooker instructions, or about 18-20 mins at high pressure.
- 5Pre-Heat your grill pan or barbeque over low heat.
- 6When the timer goes off, remove the cooker from heat and run under cool water in the sink.
- 7Remove ribs from cooking liquid.
- 8Stir 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid into your barbeque sauce of choice (optional: add one of the chipotles from the cooking liquid into the sauce to spice it up).
- 9Grill ribs over low heat basting with BBQ sauce and turning every 5 minutes or so until a nice glaze has formed all over the ribs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Tender Country Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (1904 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.4
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 1066.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo