Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like the appearance of the rice as much as I love its taste!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 sliced red capsicum
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yogurt curds
- Heat oil in a tava and fry the onions till they turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Next, add the chilli & turmeric powders, capsicum, tomato and curds.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
I'm sorry but this wasn't as good as I expected. Firstly, the serving size is really small and scaling down to 2 servings just made 1 main dish serving. 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil was also too much and made the dish very greasy. The dish looks attractive, but could do with considerable tweaking.
This was nice. I cut down the oil to 1 tsp (I do not like the stuff)I added a tsp of whole cumin before the onions for flavour and 1/2 a tsp garam masala with the other spices. I do use lefover rice regularly in various stir fry version and I like the curd in this one. And it does look good. Thanks. :) Fay
Wonderful way to use leftover rice! We had this with Bhuna Prawn with Puris recipe#91566 -- they were fabulous together -- a great quick and easy spicy meal! The only change I made in this dish was skipping the curds because I wasn't sure what they were and using some frozen sliced green and red peppers for the red capsicum. Thanks for sharing!