1 hr 10 mins
Pain au Chocolat's Note:
The best pizza doughs use little yeast and proof for hours, sometimes an entire day, before use... of course, most people don't have time for all this nonsense. This is a quick and dirty pizza crust recipe that has a lovely, flavorful crumb and can be tossed together in less than an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat wine and water together in a small pot until they reach 110 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water/wine mixture and allow to proof for 5 minutes (if you're using instant yeast skip the mini-proof and move immediately to step 3).
- 3Add 1 cup of the flour, the honey, the salt, and the olive oil to the yeast mixture and stir until a loose batter forms.
- 4Stir in the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough leaves the sides of the bowl and can be formed into a slightly tacky ball (you may not need all of the flour).
- 5Bring the dough together and knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth, around 10 minutes.
- 6Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turning to coat both sides, and cover with a towel. Allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 7Bake either in an oiled pan or on a pizza stone at 500 degrees F, keeping a close eye on your project. Because pizza crusts will vary in size and thickness you'll need to judge whether or not your pizza is done by sight.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Tasty Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1618.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2344.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 41.5 g