Awesome grilled chicken kebabs with pineapple chunks and veggies! This is a must try, your family will thank you!!! Quick and easy recipe with no need to marinate in advance--just assemble the kebabs and grill immediately. Or, you may assemble them in advance if you wish, then cover and refrigerate until grilling time. Makes 9 kebabs. Great served with baked potatoes and all the trimmings, or rice (see my Royal Thai Rice Royal Thai Rice #114887). Yum!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk (fresh, or canned Dole)
- 1⁄4 cup montreal steak sauce (such as McCormick's Grill Mates)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (such as Kikkoman Terriyaki Baste and Glaze with Honey and Pineapple)
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, mix marinade ingredients in a glass pie dish or other shallow dish.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place chicken chunks into marinade, turning well to coat.
- Thread chicken, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Place skewers onto hot grill. Cook on medium grill, covered for 4 minutes. Rotate, cover and cook for another 4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve with a baked potato or rice. Makes 9 kebabs.
A quick and easy recipe. I used red and yellow peppers since I had them on hand. I marinated the chicken for about an hour first. We really enjoyed these and doubled the recipe for leftovers the next day. The only thing I would change would be to use fresh pineapple instead of canned. Will be making these again during our summer grilling season, thanks!
Really tasty and quick dish for the BBQ grill! Montreal steak sauce isn't available locally as far as I know so I used 50/50 barbecue sauce and worcestershire sauce and that worked well in the marinade.