Recipe by BecR
Awesome grilled chicken kebabs with pineapple chunks and veggies! This is a must try, your family will thank you!!! Quick and easy recipe with no need to marinate in advance--just assemble the kebabs and grill immediately. Or, you may assemble them in advance if you wish, then cover and refrigerate until grilling time. Makes 9 kebabs. Great served with baked potatoes and all the trimmings, or rice (see my Royal Thai Rice Royal Thai Rice #114887). Yum!
Top Review by Susang
A quick and easy recipe. I used red and yellow peppers since I had them on hand. I marinated the chicken for about an hour first. We really enjoyed these and doubled the recipe for leftovers the next day. The only thing I would change would be to use fresh pineapple instead of canned. Will be making these again during our summer grilling season, thanks!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk (fresh, or canned Dole)
- 1⁄4 cup montreal steak sauce (such as McCormick's Grill Mates)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (such as Kikkoman Terriyaki Baste and Glaze with Honey and Pineapple)
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, mix marinade ingredients in a glass pie dish or other shallow dish.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place chicken chunks into marinade, turning well to coat.
- Thread chicken, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Place skewers onto hot grill. Cook on medium grill, covered for 4 minutes. Rotate, cover and cook for another 4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve with a baked potato or rice. Makes 9 kebabs.