Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to prepare using a cooked chicken. Really tasty - the kids like it, too.
- 1 whole cooked chicken (BBQ)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (420 g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (420 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 (60 g) bag potato chips, lightly crushed
- Shred chicken into small pieces with fingers, then combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place into a medium casserole dish, cover top with crushed chips (or slices of buttered bread) and bake in moderate oven (180 degrees celcius) for about 30 minutes or until hot (bubbling).