Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy tasty meal for one from the Tempting Dishes for One cookbook.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey, warmed
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- Place garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, sherry, lemon juice and oil in shallow glass bowl and mix to combine.
- Add chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Cook chicken under preheated medium grill, brushing with marinade, for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked.
- Serving idea: Serve with boiled noodles tossed with freshly ground black pepper and snap peas.
We loved this chicken! I marinated it overnight and the flavors were wonderful. DH grilled it and we enjoyed moist great tasting chicken. A great recipe that we will make again. Thank you Latchy for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Cooking Photo forum's JULY "Everyone is Making the Same Thing" Challenge.
Marinated this wonderful chicken for a whole afternoon and my dbf grilled it to perfection!! Didn't have any sherry so used Port instead. Made for the Photo Forum Challenge July 2009! :)
Nice recipe. I used my grill pan for this. I believe next time I'll marinade it overnight, two hours didn't seem to be enough for the flavours to develop. Made for "Everyone is making the same thing" event in the Photo Forum July '09. :)