Recipe by SaddleUp87
This is a very easy recipe that only uses a handful of ingredients and tastes wonderful! Lemon and gingerbread are a perfect combination together. This icing also dries hard and shiny, so it is perfect for gingerbread men. Try it, you won't be disappointed! Make sure that you use FRESH lemon juice, not the bottled kind. It will affect the flavor!
Top Review by clairesgirl
So, I had made oatmeal craisin bars and wanted to top them with a tangy lemon icing. I was looking for something easy and thought I'd have to use butter and milk. Came across this and it sounded perfect. I halved it because I was only going to drizzle my icing on an eight inch pan of the bars. It came together in seconds, I had all the ingredients on hand, and it was so yummy. Storing this in the recipe file, it's a winner!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (use clear if you want stark white icing)
- place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- if the icing is too thick/dry, add more corn syrup until the consistency is to your liking.