Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not a normal taco, but we like it and have used it for years. When my children were little they used to love to "build" their own plate by layering the ingedients as shown in the directions here. Be careful though - its real easy to end up with way more on your plate than you can eat - especially if you're hungry! I'm guessing on the size of the Frito bag, but it doesn't really matter as long as you have enough for your meal. It's fresh, it's crunchy, it's easier to eat than regular tacos, and its a real favorite in our family. Try adding any other taco-type ingredients according to what you like. Enjoy!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can refried beans
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced onion (optional)
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
- Cook hamburger with taco seasonings per package directions.
- Heat refried beans.
- Crumble Fritos on plate.
- Layer hamburger mixture and remaining ingredients over Fritos.
- serve with dollops of sour cream, salsa and hot sauce.
Great simple fast way to make taco nachos! I loved how you left the ingredients semi optional. That makes it easier to fit a family's tastes. Thanks so much! I will be making this again! Made for PAC Orphanage Spring 08