Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and delicious week-night meal that the whole family loves. It is a Betty Crocker recipe. I usually serve it with refried beans to round out the meal.
- 3 cups instant cooked rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except rice, in frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer about 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.
- If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Great quick dish! I added some chopped bell peppers and tobasco sauce also, as my family and I love spiciness!
Very easy to throw together and with everything on hand too. I did add a small can of tomato sauce, because we like lots of sauce with our rice. :)