Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Linda Styron). Very quick and easy recipe for those busy week nights!
Top Review by Auvan
This recipe was just OK for us. We couldn't really pinpoint exactly why we didn't think it was great. My husband said he didn't care for the breading on top, but I didn't really care for the "filling". The kids ate their whole bowl and my 3 year old said it was yummy, so it must just be our tastes! I followed the directions as listed. I probably won't make it again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground chuck with onion until chuck is brown.
- Drain off grease.
- Spoon into ungreased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Stir in dry taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and corn.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir baking mix, milk, and eggs until blended and pour over beef mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.