Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Linda Styron). Very quick and easy recipe for those busy week nights!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground chuck with onion until chuck is brown.
- Drain off grease.
- Spoon into ungreased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Stir in dry taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and corn.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir baking mix, milk, and eggs until blended and pour over beef mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was just OK for us. We couldn't really pinpoint exactly why we didn't think it was great. My husband said he didn't care for the breading on top, but I didn't really care for the "filling". The kids ate their whole bowl and my 3 year old said it was yummy, so it must just be our tastes! I followed the directions as listed. I probably won't make it again.
This is delicious! Very easy too, so perfect for weeknights. All 3 of my kids ate every bite, which is rare these days, so it definitely deserves 5 stars. Thanks for the recipe...this one's a keeper!