Missy Wombat's Note:
This quickie tempeh dish came about because my preschooler only wanted to eat tempeh if it was sweet. She gobbles the whole lot up and asks for more and often eats the vegetables or salad that goes with it. Great for padding out meals if you have left over salads and white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the tempeh into bite-sized cubes.
- 2In a bowl mix the cayenne, soy sauce, jam, curry powder and white wine vinegar.
- 3Add the tempeh and coat well.
- 4Leave in the refrigerator to chill if possible.
- 5In a small wok or fry pan, heat some oil and add the tempeh.
- 6Allow to brown a little and stir continuously.
- 7Add the corn flour dissolved in water and allow to thicken.
- 8Add salt to taste.
- 9Serve with white rice or a side salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Sweet Stir-Fried Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar