Recipe by Dinglebop
This is Great Grandma Jessies recipe that we all like. It is fast and easy. Grandma Andy says it is a Chinese recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed pork, cut into 1 inch bites
- 15 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork into one inch bite size pieces.
- Place oil in the frying pan over medium heat.
- Brown pork in frying pan.
- Add vinegar, ketchup, soya sauce, corn syrup, garlic,and pineapple juice.
- Cook over medium heat until pork is tooth tender to your liking.
- Add in the pineapple chunks and continue cooking just a few minutes more.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with water and add into the pan stirring until thick about two minutes.
- Add the red pepper very last and just warm through so the peppers stay crunchy.
- Serve over cooked steamed rice or barley.
- Scatter sliced green gardens onions over top.