Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Need another use for your sweet potatoes? Want to make something sweet & special for the holidays that doesn't take a lot of time? Try these out.
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 9 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick & 1 tbsp.)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For dough: Combine sweet potato, 9 tablespoons melted butter, and 1/2 cup milk. Stir in the flour,1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well blended.
- When a soft dough forms, roll the dough onto a floured surface. Form the dough into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle.
- In a small boewl, combine the 6 tablespoons of melted butter, raisins, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the filling mixture over the dough. Roll dough lengthwise, pinching the seams together.
- Cut dough into 3/4 inch slices and place close together in greased baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 2 tablspoons milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- When the rolls are done, remove them from the oven. Immediately spoon the glaze over the rolls. Serve hot. (Makes 20 rolls.).
Liked it but realized too late that 1 tablespoon of salt should be 1 teaspoon (at least for my taste as no one else seemed to comment). I can see where it will taste fantastic when I make it using the right measurements.
My whole family love these. I am baking more sweet potatoes as I write to have for this w/e batch. Love the vitamin a benefits also. Thanks!
This is one that is a joy to make. Enjoy