Need another use for your sweet potatoes? Want to make something sweet & special for the holidays that doesn't take a lot of time? Try these out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 9 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick & 1 tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For dough: Combine sweet potato, 9 tablespoons melted butter, and 1/2 cup milk. Stir in the flour,1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well blended.
- 2When a soft dough forms, roll the dough onto a floured surface. Form the dough into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle.
- 3In a small boewl, combine the 6 tablespoons of melted butter, raisins, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the filling mixture over the dough. Roll dough lengthwise, pinching the seams together.
- 4Cut dough into 3/4 inch slices and place close together in greased baking pan.
- 5Bake until golden brown at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- 6While rolls are baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 2 tablspoons milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 7When the rolls are done, remove them from the oven. Immediately spoon the glaze over the rolls. Serve hot. (Makes 20 rolls.).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 694.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g