1/1 Photo of Quick Sweet Pickles
A yummy quick sweet pickle from Deborah Madison, author of Seasonal Fruit Desserts. Deborah recommends using ‘Beit Alpha’ cucumbers. I've never heard of them. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5/8 cup white wine vinegar (or apple-cider vinegar-just a little less than 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 3-4 cucumbers or use English cucumbers)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons torn dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In a medium bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, and salt, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 2In a nonreactive bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, dill, and peppercorns.
- 3Add olive oil to reserved vinegar mixture and stir well. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
- 4Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- 5Store pickles, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Sweet Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar