Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My thrifty Swedish grandmother would turn day-old bread into breakfast treats. Delicious dunked in your morning coffee. Use any plain bread or rolls. We always have leftover hot dog buns whenever we eat hot dogs. I keep a bag in my freezer and throw leftover rolls into it, when it's full I make Skorpa. You can use any quantity, I've used 4 for the nutrition calculator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Split rolls and place crust side down in a jelly roll pan or other baking pan with sides.
- Combine sugar and spices.
- Sprinkle as much as you desire over the rolls - you'll probably have some left over to use next time.
- Place pan in oven and IMMEDIATELY reduce oven temperature to 170°F.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Turn OFF oven.
- Leave in oven overnight.
- They should be brown and crunchy all the way through. If any are not quite done, remove from oven, heat to 350F, place back in, turn off the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Store in plastic bag on counter; keeps indefinately.
- *Larger rolls, such as sandwich rolls, may need 45 minutes at 170°F.