Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Some nights it's all about quick-this you can make and eat the same night or prep the meatballs in advance and freeze for use at another time- There's plenty of shortcuts to this,but a few ingredients and dinner's ready! The meatballs take the longest amount of time so you may use frozen.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/16 ounce) packageteriyaki seasoning (Grill Mates by McCormick)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (10 ounce) bottles sweet and sour sauce (may use one bottles if you like less sauce)
- 1 lb medium egg noodles
- green bell pepper, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced
- canned pineapple (optional)
- This recipe can be increased easily or you may use store bought meatballs to cut down on time.
- If baking meatballs, preheat oven to 350°F.
- You may just as easily pan fry the meatballs and skip the baking process!
- Mix bread crumbs and slightly beaten egg to moisten.
- Add seasoning mix to the turkey burger (you may use 1/2 the package of seasoning or just increase the meat by a pound or two if you want to use the entire package -otherwise meatballs are VERY spicy).
- Note:if you increase the meat-increase the binding agents-egg and bread crumb.
- Mix turkey burger, seasoning, egg/bread crumb mixture by hand-forming 1 inch meatballs (larger if you prefer bigger meatballs).
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet (you may cover baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up) spacing meatballs -not touching.
- Bake for 1/2 hour (check for doneness-some ovens may take less time,some more).
- At this point if you want to cool and freeze for future dinners you can-Make extra to cut down on time for next meal or use meatballs in soup, spaghetti, etc. --.
- Cook noodles according.
- If adding peppers either slightly cook to desired texture or steam with a bit of water if using frozen peppers.
- Add meatballs and sweet and sour sauce-heat thoroughly. You may also add canned pineapple if you like.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- NOTE: You may substitute teriyaki seasoning (dry mix-same maker-Grill Mates by McCormick) for the Caribbean if you'd like a less "spicy" meatball,but yet just as flavorful-You may use entire pack to 1 lb ground turkey.