1 hr 5 mins
Some nights it's all about quick-this you can make and eat the same night or prep the meatballs in advance and freeze for use at another time- There's plenty of shortcuts to this,but a few ingredients and dinner's ready! The meatballs take the longest amount of time so you may use frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/16 ounce) package teriyaki seasoning (Grill Mates by McCormick)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (10 ounce) bottles sweet and sour sauce (may use one bottles if you like less sauce)
- 1 lb medium egg noodles
- green bell pepper, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced
- canned pineapple (optional)
- 1This recipe can be increased easily or you may use store bought meatballs to cut down on time.
- 2If baking meatballs, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3You may just as easily pan fry the meatballs and skip the baking process!
- 4Mix bread crumbs and slightly beaten egg to moisten.
- 5Add seasoning mix to the turkey burger (you may use 1/2 the package of seasoning or just increase the meat by a pound or two if you want to use the entire package -otherwise meatballs are VERY spicy).
- 6Note:if you increase the meat-increase the binding agents-egg and bread crumb.
- 7Mix turkey burger, seasoning, egg/bread crumb mixture by hand-forming 1 inch meatballs (larger if you prefer bigger meatballs).
- 8Place meatballs on a baking sheet (you may cover baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up) spacing meatballs -not touching.
- 9Bake for 1/2 hour (check for doneness-some ovens may take less time,some more).
- 10At this point if you want to cool and freeze for future dinners you can-Make extra to cut down on time for next meal or use meatballs in soup, spaghetti, etc. --.
- 11Cook noodles according.
- 12If adding peppers either slightly cook to desired texture or steam with a bit of water if using frozen peppers.
- 13Add meatballs and sweet and sour sauce-heat thoroughly. You may also add canned pineapple if you like.
- 14Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- 15NOTE: You may substitute teriyaki seasoning (dry mix-same maker-Grill Mates by McCormick) for the Caribbean if you'd like a less "spicy" meatball,but yet just as flavorful-You may use entire pack to 1 lb ground turkey.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Supper: Sweet N Sour Meatballs over Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 350.9 mg
- Sodium 1363.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 57.7 g