Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and easy, taking only about 10-15 minutes. Any type of cheese will work; American, shredded cheddar, monterey jack. Any meat can be added; thin-sliced pepperoni, honey ham, yesterday's left-over chicken.
- 4 flour tortillas, 8-inch
- 1 cup shredded cheese or 6 slices American cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked meat, divided
- sour cream
- Heat 10-inch skillet or pancake griddle on medium low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla in ungreased pan. Evenly sprinkle with half the cheese. Add meat, if desired. Cover with a second tortilla.
- Heat until bottom becomes lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn with a spatula and brown the second side. The melted cheese should hold the two sides together. Repeat with the next two tortillas.
- Let cool about 1-2 minutes then slice into wedges & serve.
- Serve with you choice of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.