Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I throw together quite often. It makes a quick and tasty meal when you're in a hurry. Add some crusty bread and a green salad if you're really hungry. Cooking time may vary.
- 1 large potato, cut in small chunks
- 2 green onions, cut in small pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 eggs, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb of cooked and drained sausage (You can also add to this to make it heartier.) (optional)
- In a medium sized non-stick skillet heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onion and potatoes until browned and tender.
- Pour eggs over the top and cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and cover until eggs are completely set and cheese has melted.
- Serve while hot.
This is great for those nights when you think, "oh, no what are we going to eat tonight?" It is quick and easy to prepare. My whole family enjoyed it.
This was good. It reminded me a breakfast casserole. I used Italian pork sausage and left out the green onions (I didn't have any) The recipe didn't state when to add the sausage if you are using it so I put it in after I browned the potatoes. I also sprinkled addititional cheese over the top once it was served.