Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had to bribe my Aunt to get this recipe! She brings it to all of our summer family functions. It is VERY easy, and yummy for the tummy! :-D
- 1 lb baby shrimp
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (more or less depending on preference)
- Cook macaroni according to pkg instructions.
- Make sure shrimp is thawed if using frozen shrimp.
- Put all into a bowl, inlcuding drained and rinsed pasta, and mix together until well coated.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
This was such an easy and quick supper for a hot summer day. Our family enjoyed it as much as yours does, Diggy. My shrimp were a little large for a salad, so I did have to cut them into smaller bite sized pieces. If I had used popcorn shrimp, it would have looked prettier than cut shrimp. Next time I will use smaller shrimp. The cucumber was a nice crunchy touch too. Thanks so much for sharing this winning recipe.
I'm not much of a cook, and it was very easy to make and very tasty!
THANK YOU Diggy!!! I needed a shrimp salad recipe fast and when I found this one I couldn't believe my luck. It gave me the basics and I even added some carrot shavings for more color and bacon cheddar almonds that enhanced the taste to everones likng that much more. I'll definitely be making this again and trying out some things. Thanks again, handleit