Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Janet Murphy's recipe from the Brunson family cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- Cook noodles as directed, drain and set aside.
- Saute onoin in butter. Stir in groudn beef, flour, salt, pepper and paprika, Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
- Serve over hot noodles.
This was so easy to make and a nice meal for a busy night. The kids really liked it, and I'm always glad to come across a recipe that I know they'll like. The next time I make this, I think I'll add a few herbs though. Thank you for sharing your recipe, my kid's mom. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
Made this for our dinner along with Cucumber Tomato Salad#435122...DH devoured everything! The only thing I did differently to the stroganoff was to add about 4-5 sliced mushrooms to use them up. I sauteed them with the onions then added the ground beef and followed the isntructions. I don't think you need the flour but I had a little oil in the pan so it helped absorbed it. Wonderful dish and going into my Favorites of 2011. Made for Spring PAC 2011.