Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.
Make and share this Quick Strawberry Lemon Marmalade recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- Cut the peel of a lemon into quarters and remove it. The lemon should be large enough to yield 1/4 cup. Remove the rind and cut the peel into thin slices. Reserve the juice of the lemon.
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine lemon peel and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for about 5 minutes, until peel is softened. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to peel and mix well.
- Whisk in pectin until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle hot marmalade into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot marmalade.
- Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw bad down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes.