Recipe by Marie
Made this and could not believe how easy and delicious it is. Use your own homemade marinara sauce for best results. Recipe can be easily doubled for more servings.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt both sides of the eggplant slices and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the salt and pat dry.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the slices till slightly soft and lightly browned.
- Add more oil during cooking, if needed.
- Top each slice with ricotta cheese.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of sauce over the slices and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Add a little more sauce to the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the pan, turn down the heat to low and allow to cook for 10 minutes.