Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name comes from cheese sticks & celery ribs. This is so easy. Chill if you want or serve immediately. Kids love to make this one! I have made this for four servings, just double if you want more. Also flavors are great the next day.
- 1 cup diced celery rib
- 4 individual cheese sticks, sliced (white or 4 cheddar cheese)
- 4 sweet gherkins, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions or 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (add 2 squirts of liquid yellow mustard in place dry mustard)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- Mix everything together in the order listed in mixing bowl. Taste. The salad should be moist. Add more dressing if desired.
- Put in serving bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate until serving. Can be made ahead or served immediately.
- Remember to duck when the kids squirt the mustard (wear aprons) This is the fun part!