This is far from a gourmet recipe but something quick and tasty I came up with after I threw something similar together recently and found the juices from the scallops falling into the water added to the flavour. What I was really thinking initially was just less washing up! But anyway just a nice simple dish for one or two you can change to suit your tastes...
- In a small bowl mix together the scallops, lemon juice, garlic and chili power if desired along with any other seasonings you like with scallops.
- Prepare a a small steamer with 2 cups of water and bring it to the boil until steaming well.
- Place the noodles and vegies in the bottom of the steamer in with the water, scallops at the top.
- Once back at the boil drop heat to around medium so it continues to steam without boiling too hard. Steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain noodles and vegetables, stir through soy sauce (once again to taste) and serve with scallops on top.
I had just enough scallops in the freezer and Little Miss loves noddles so I made this dish with everyone in mind. Hubby is not a huge scallops fan, so I also used prawns/shrimp and it worked well. The only thing I changed was I reduced the amount of chilli to suit little Miss. Thanks so much for posting your recipe Peter.
Wow! This is amazing! I kind of misread the directions because I couldn't believe you'd double-duty the steamer by adding the scallops and noodles below. Now that I get it, I will do this the next time! I steamed the scallops mixture atop the frozen veggies and cooked the noodles separately. No sexism intended, but only a male chef would dream up such an efficient way to cook a one-dish meal! Thanks Peter J! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #59.
Had some scallops I needed to find a recipe for and this looked like a good recipe to try. I am on a no dairy diet, so this was perfect. I liked the addition of noodles to the dish and the little bit of kick was just right for our tastebuds. Will make this again.