Recipe by Peter J
This is far from a gourmet recipe but something quick and tasty I came up with after I threw something similar together recently and found the juices from the scallops falling into the water added to the flavour. What I was really thinking initially was just less washing up! But anyway just a nice simple dish for one or two you can change to suit your tastes...
Top Review by Chef floWer
I had just enough scallops in the freezer and Little Miss loves noddles so I made this dish with everyone in mind. Hubby is not a huge scallops fan, so I also used prawns/shrimp and it worked well. The only thing I changed was I reduced the amount of chilli to suit little Miss. Thanks so much for posting your recipe Peter.
- 6 scallops
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional, to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup noodles
- 1⁄2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together the scallops, lemon juice, garlic and chili power if desired along with any other seasonings you like with scallops.
- Prepare a a small steamer with 2 cups of water and bring it to the boil until steaming well.
- Place the noodles and vegies in the bottom of the steamer in with the water, scallops at the top.
- Once back at the boil drop heat to around medium so it continues to steam without boiling too hard. Steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain noodles and vegetables, stir through soy sauce (once again to taste) and serve with scallops on top.