Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent for microwave preparation. If you don't have a steamer, it's easy to make one. Use your vegetable steamer or cooling rack in a frypan.
- 1 lb red snapper fillet (could also use orange roughy, cod, pollock)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Arrange fish on steaming rack.
- Brush fish with soy-ginger mixture.
- Place rack over boiling water.
- Steam 10 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Brush occasionally with soy-ginger mixture.
I used Arctic Char in this. It's very simple and quick to make (the salad took longer to make!). It's visually appealing and quite healthy which you have to love. The flavors played very nicely together and made a very enjoyable meal with steamed carrots and some brown rice on the side.