Recipe by Jen T
A quick steamed pudding for when you want comfort food in a hurry :) The 3 heaped tablespoons of flour is equal to about 1/2 cup flour. :)
Top Review by Lxie
Joined the website just to review this particular recipe. Not only is it quick to cook but it is amazingly simple to make. Works perfectly as a base for a more complicated pudding just by adding your choice of ingredients. I added Cinnamon, Sultanas and lemon rind to ours and everyone raved. My partner wants it for dessert every night now - Good thing its so easy to make!
- 3 tablespoons flour (heaped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- milk, to mix
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and golden syrup together and put in bottom of pudding basin.
- Beat all other ingredients to a pikelet/crepe batter and pour into basin.
- In a large pot bring enough water to come halfway up basin to a boil.
- Put uncovered basin in water and place lid on pot.
- Steam for 1/2hour.
- Serve with custard or cream if wished.