Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick steamed pudding for when you want comfort food in a hurry :) The 3 heaped tablespoons of flour is equal to about 1/2 cup flour. :)
- Melt butter and golden syrup together and put in bottom of pudding basin.
- Beat all other ingredients to a pikelet/crepe batter and pour into basin.
- In a large pot bring enough water to come halfway up basin to a boil.
- Put uncovered basin in water and place lid on pot.
- Steam for 1/2hour.
- Serve with custard or cream if wished.
Joined the website just to review this particular recipe. Not only is it quick to cook but it is amazingly simple to make. Works perfectly as a base for a more complicated pudding just by adding your choice of ingredients. I added Cinnamon, Sultanas and lemon rind to ours and everyone raved. My partner wants it for dessert every night now - Good thing its so easy to make!
This was my 1st attempt at making steamed pudding & I'm pleased to say it was a success - YAY! I loved it & so did the kids - next time I will do a double batch I think because my daughters wanted seconds. I'd never made steamed pudding before but I remember seeing the old Nanas back home in NZ use formula tins as the basin so I used one tonight & it was perfect for the job. Thanks Jen for yet another great little recipe :)