Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Liven up a can of cream of potato soup with fresh vegetables. Really good! From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 tablespoon margarine (or butter)
- 2 cups cubed summer squash, such as zucchini (or sunburst, pattypan, or crookneck squash)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- fresh thyme sprigs (optional) or sliced green onion (optional)
- In a large saucepan melt margarine or butter over low heat. Add squash, carrot, onion, garlic, dried thyme, and pepper. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or till vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in condensed soup and milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with thyme sprigs or sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
- Makes 6 side-dish servings.