Liven up a can of cream of potato soup with fresh vegetables. Really good! From Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine (or butter)
- 2 cups cubed summer squash, such as zucchini (or sunburst, pattypan, or crookneck squash)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- fresh thyme sprigs (optional) or sliced green onion (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan melt margarine or butter over low heat. Add squash, carrot, onion, garlic, dried thyme, and pepper. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or till vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in condensed soup and milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- 3Ladle into bowls. Garnish with thyme sprigs or sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
- 4Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Squash-Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 481.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g