Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 1 (5 ounce) package dehydrated split pea soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sesame round crackers
- 1 large egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Place split pea mix in a food processor, and pour boiling water over it. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add crackers, crumbling them coarsely into split pea mixture. Add egg, and process, pausing to scrape down sides of processor to make a smooth, well-combined and thick mixture. Add spinach, pulsing to combine.
- Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray, and form mixture into 12 to 15 patties, 2 to 3 inches in diameter and about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 4 cakes and cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly browned. Flip over, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining cakes, and serve.