Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, Freshly Ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cubed skim-milk mozzarella cheese can be used instead of crumbled Feta cheese.
- Rice vinegar, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar can be used instead of lemon juice.
- Trim, wash and dry spinach.
- Tear into bite-sized pieces to make about 10 cups, lightly packed.
- Place in salad bowl.
- Add alfalfa sprouts, cheese and sunflower seeds.
- In small measuring cup, bowl or jar with screw top, combine oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- MIx well.
Very nice, I will make this again! Thanks for posting.
I love all the main ingredients in this salad, so I was bound to love it! Apart from making it with baby spinach leaves (which may or may not have been what was intended), doubling the garlic and adding 3 grated baby carrots, I made this exactly to the recipe. Scrumptious! Everyone loved it, even a couple of people who claim they normally don’t care much for salads. I’ll be making this again, and next time I think I’ll add some kalamata olives. Thanks for sharing!