Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
As usual, I was rummaging around my kitchen trying to figure out something to eat. I had a bag of spinach in my freezing I had been meaning to use, so I came up with this little number. Real easy and nutritious for a simple weeknight meal. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt or pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- After the onions begin to get slightly translucent, make a 'hot spot' in the pan, add garlic.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, add spinach. (And pepper flakes if using).
- Fry for a few minutes, then add sauce.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- After another minute, add noodles, toss to coat.
- Turn off heat, add parmesian cheese to taste.
- You can add more tomato sauce if you like your pasta a bit more saucey. Or substitute a can of diced tomatoes if you like.
I love spinach. But this wasn't really great. It's something need to add more flavor.
This was great, easy to make and easy to clean up afterwards. I will be making this again during busy weeks.