Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This was special comfort food my mom made for my brother and myself. I just took it a couple of modern steps forward to make it easy...still just as tasty!
Top Review by -Sylvie-
This is quick and easy to make and tastes good. I didn't have any jars of baby spinach, so I just quickly sauted some fresh spinach before adding it to the potatoes. i have always loved the spinach, poato and nutmeg combination so I knew I'd enjoy this. thanks for sharing. :D
- 4 large potatoes, white or 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) jars Baby Spinach, jr.style
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, ground (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and large dice the potatoes.
- Place in large pot, add enough water to cover potaotes by two inches. Bring to a boil, turn down to medium and cook until fork-tender.
- Drain cooked potatoes and return to hot pot. Turn heat to lowest setting.
- Add butter and mash well or leave with small lumps.
- Combine rest of ingredients and blend. Heat through.
- Serve hot.
- This makes a nice lunch. Serve with chilled sliced beef tomatoes topped with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with grated cheese as desired.