1/1 Photo of Quick Spicy Garden Mix Pickles (Refrigerator Method)
168 hrs 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
I just love this. It is so much better than what they sell at the market. Nice and crisp, too. Be sure to mix this in a bowl that can take some heat, such as stainless steel. Yummy! TNT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 kirby cucumbers, sliced thick
- 473.18 ml cauliflower florets
- 236.59 ml fresh jalapenos or 236.59 ml pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 828.06 ml pickle juice, from dill pickles
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml jalapeno juice, from pickled jalapenos
- 8-10 dried hot red chili peppers
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
- 1Place cucumbers, cauliflower, and jalapenos (if using pickled ones) in a mixing bowl.
- 2If using fresh jalapenos, place them in a large saucepan with the onions, carrots, celery, pickle juice, sugar, jalapeno brine, chile peppers, garlic, celery seeds, and mustard seed and bring to a boil.
- 3Mix hot brine mixture with cucumbers in the mixing bowl, stirring to blend.
- 4Pack mixture into a large container or jars and refrigerate for 1-2 weeks, stirring daily, until cucumbers are pickled but still crisp.
- 5Pickles not suitable for canning or freezing. Store unused pickles in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Spicy Garden Mix Pickles (Refrigerator Method)
Serving Size: 1 (2048 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 128.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 96.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: