Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is our personal spin on a recipe originally from Pillsbury.com We really like spicy so I made it to satisfy our needs. If you don't like spicy, you could use regular canned tomatoes.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, more if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, more if desired
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel tomatoes and green chilies, drained (I left a little bit of juice in can)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet (I used cooking spray).
- Unroll dough and place on cookie sheet. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form a 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl mix well oil, basil, rosemary, garlic and salt. Brush over dough.
- Spread Ro-tel tomatoes over dough.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cut into squares. Serve Warm.
Made this recipe as posted, & THIS 'FLATBREAD' IS VERY TASTY, & although I'm no big fan of hot when it comes to chilies, the green ones here had just the right amount of kick (more like a pleasant tap in your mouth, letting you know they're there)! Thanks for a great, new 'bread!' [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]