Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice twist on a classic. Good way to use up left over potatoes. The pie can be cooled and frozen for up to a month before the grilling stage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g ground lamb
- 3 tablespoons moroccan seasoning
- 400 g tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 750 g cooked potatoes
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, then fry the lamb, onion and garlic along with half the spice for 8 minutes till browned. Tip in the tomatoes, then season and simmer for 20 minutes until thick.
- Meanwhile, crush the potatoes with the rest of the oil and spice.
- Heat the grill to high. Tip the hot sauce into a gratin dish and scatter with the potatoes.
- If making to freeze, cool pie and freeze. Grill for 8 minutes until the potatoes are golden and crispy.