Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe.
Make and share this Quick Spanish Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pasta sauce with mushrooms (or plain)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté the onion in the grease, butter or oil.
- Stir in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat to a boil.
- Turn heat down to very low.
- Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.