Recipe by Shannon in VA
Quick and easy side dish. I do not add any salt to my dishes, you may want to add a pinch to the water tomato sauce mixture -- It's up to you.
Top Review by starrynight
This is a great (and fast!) recipe. The only change I made was to add a little extra spice to it. We had this with salsa chicken, and it went really well together. I'll definetely make this again. Thanks!
- 236.59 ml instant rice
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml corn (frozen is fine, thaw first)
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In measuring cup, fill 2/3 c with tomato sauce, add water to equal a little over 1 cup.
- In med.
- saucepan, bring tomato sauce and water mixture to boil.
- Add rice, corn, chili powder and cumin.
- Cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes until liquids have been absorbed Fluff with fork and serve.