Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy side dish. I do not add any salt to my dishes, you may want to add a pinch to the water tomato sauce mixture -- It's up to you.
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup corn (frozen is fine, thaw first)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- In measuring cup, fill 2/3 c with tomato sauce, add water to equal a little over 1 cup.
- In med.
- saucepan, bring tomato sauce and water mixture to boil.
- Add rice, corn, chili powder and cumin.
- Cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes until liquids have been absorbed Fluff with fork and serve.
This is a great (and fast!) recipe. The only change I made was to add a little extra spice to it. We had this with salsa chicken, and it went really well together. I'll definetely make this again. Thanks!
Very easy. I use spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce and serve with sour cream. I find the cumin is a little overpowering without it.
Very good rice and I enjoyed the spicy flavor from the chili powder and cumin. I used brown instant rice, more corn, and a bit more water could have been used. Topped with sour cream and served with recipe #295945 by TeresaS. Made and reviewed for the photo forum's Lite and Low Recipe Event.