Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great, quick side dish with a little bite! from Cooking Light, changed to our taste.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice (or V8)
- Heat a large nonstick frypan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add the rice, chopped onion and bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.